VIND framework (Video INDexer)
The VIND annotator application is a helper tool for creating annotated videos, add annotations to videos and video segments, with the goal of producing text-annotated video pools, for further processing, indexing and retrieval.
The main functionalities of the application are:
- - handle all video parts (video, scene, shot, objects/regions)
- - automatically extract shots and fades from videos
- - automatically extract representative frames of video shots
- - provide an easy-to-use interface for hand-editing these video elements
- - provide an also easy-to-use interface for assigning annotations to all video elements from the whole - video down to regions/objects of frames
- - support fixed annotation dictionaries for different topics
- - also support assigning free text annotations
- - provide a GUI for creating and editing fixed annotation dictionaries
The following shots show different aspects of the VIND tool’s usage. HERE you can find a demo video.