Unusual motion: detection of anomalous events based on general motion information.
- Detection of anomalous events in urban traffic scenes. A longer term training phase (online/offline) is necessary to learn the typical/usual motion patterns. In the later detection phase motion irregularities will be signaled w.r.t. learnt motion areas.
- The unusual motion detector module can be used in situations where:
- there is a static camera
- in daylight
- at ~8-10m height (or higher)
- overlooking a region where there is general motion, and we expect to have unusual movement occur sometime in the future
- detection is preceded by a training period: offline (before running) or online (when the module starts, learns for a specific period, then starts the detection phase)
- extract foreground + optical flow --> build statistics, classify motion directions
- signal differences w.r.t. learnt motion direction statistics
- For Windows or Linux
- Library versions (for C++ and for Java/JNI)
- Realtime performance
- Connected publications:
- Á. Utasi, "Novel Probabilistic Methods for Visual Surveillance Applications", Dissertation, Doctoral School of Information Science and Technology, University of Pannonia, Veszprém, Hungary, January 2012
- Á. Utasi, L. Czúni, "Anomaly Detection with Low-Level Processes in Videos", in Proc. of The 3rd International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, pp. 678-681, Funchal, Portugal, 22-25 January 2008
In the video regions with red color show unusual motions.